1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TurfTalent, Oct 3, 2005.

1. TurfTalent

TurfTalent Junior Member

This is my 3rd year plowing but I am unsure about pricing. I run 3 trucks w/ plows, 2 ATV w/ plows and hand shovelers. I have been pricing lots by the hour. Trucks w/ plow $75.00 an hour, ATV w/ plow $60 an hour, hand shovelers $35.00 an hour. But after reading this site I see that nobody prices that way or that cheap (but I cant be that cheap since I dont get nearly all the contracts I would think). Could someone explain how they would price per push and how much to charge for snowblowing. Thanks

2. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

you price on the shoveling could go up. when your going to charge by the push i go from 2-6inches is $xxxx amount, 6-11inches is $xxxx amount 12-17inches $xxxx amount, and then $20.00 for every inch over 17inches.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, you have to if you wanna make money payup

4. pricing

TurfTalent your pricing method is perfect. I do not know anyone on the West Coast that prices per push. I had never heard of "per push" until this forum. I charge $140.00 a hour for my CAT skid steers with Erskine blowers.

I plow in Incline Village, Nevada. A stones throw from Lake Tahoe, CA. Your pricing seems in the ball park for your equipment. Your ATV pricing seems a little high. But if you can get that type of cash for ATV plowing. Go for it...!!!

Good luck bro.....!!!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005