1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing prices

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by chevyzrule810, Dec 24, 2010.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I need some advice.This will be the first winter I will be plowing.I need some help on pricing.How much do I charge per driveway? I would also like to know should I price by the number of times I plow or an hourly rate.

2. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Have to find out what ur other guys charge for a drive. Check C. List Anyware from $10 to $85
    Always charge by the push, not hourly. also 2-4 inche push price 4.1-6 inche per push etc.

3. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Isn't it a little late to be asking this?

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

per push for residential, try and figure a blend price that keeps the customer happy when there is a light snow and you happy for a heavy snow, put an extra fee in there for abnormal snow

5. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

many ways you can charge. Per push. storm, seasonal, amount of snow. You can try searching on this site and read for a few hours about it.
    I will send you a private message if it will help.

6. The only thing I can offer without knowing your specifics especially this late in the game is that be wary of using the per push rate if it is not common practice in your area. As I have stated in prior posts that in my area residential plowing is mostly contracted on a one plow,after the storm has stopped/roads been plowed basis(thus the plow pile is already there at bottom of driveway), based on a say 3" trigger point with a set price or an up to x" is one price above x" is another price. If we tried to go and plow it 3 times (based on 3" trigger) for a 9" snow and then bill the customer the rate x3 we would be laughed off the block and they'd be calling the next guy. We mostly plow large commercials now so I also don't care to have to ensure I have a crew there 3 times during a storm for the money that residentials pay around here anymore. If the customer tells you at time of signing contract that they need to be clear by a certain time regardless of conditions etc, thus requiring a special service--that is reflected in the price as well as noted in the contract. Also can advise ya to group your jobs as tightly together as possible thus saving you time, gas money etc.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010