1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing pics of my 08 Silverado

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mossman381, Feb 3, 2010.

1. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Here are some pic of me plowing today. We didn't get that much snow, but I like to keep everything clean. Enjoy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pics and truck!! Can you post a pic of that light bar close up. I think I might be buying the same one.

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Nice rig!

Does the colour match grill ever look different!

Did you do that yourself?

4. mossman381

I just painted it. I will be painting the whole front of the truck when I get time.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  5. mossman381

Check this thread out http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=98095 . I built my own rack. The light bar is a show-me Led

[​IMG]

6. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

looks great! when you put the LED lights on your rack as directionals and brake/running, did you have to do anything to the truck so your blinkers dont go really fast? (new blinker relay, etc...) as auxillary lights i dont think they should, but i have heard it is a possibility. i am looking to add S/T/T lights on my rack, so any input would b great! thanks!

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Truck looks great. Nice job

8. mossman381

I don't have any turn signals on the rack. The two white lights are backup lights. The two amber lights are strobes. And the red center light is a parking and third brake light. Adding led lights will not affect your turn signals. If you only had led lights for turn signals then you might run into a problem. I have done that to a truck and an electronic flasher made everythink work fine.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2thh0yzqZVs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2thh0yzqZVs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks really good!:drinkup:

10. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

you back rack is awesom i wish i had a place where i could do something like that

11. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

Looks good! What did you use to control the 2 strobes in the back rack?

12. mossman381

I used a sho-me strobe controller

13. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

i got ya, thanks for the info though! truck looks great!

14. mreamer

mreamer Member

This question may have been already answered in a previous thread....

mossman - Is that a unimount system with an ultramount light assembly?

15. mossman381

The plow is a uni-mount. When I switched my plow over from my older truck the guy at the western dealer said that the old lights might not work with the newer trucks. So I bought the new style lights and switch the plow over to the 3 plug system. I had to make the light mount. I did copy the ultra-mount design. You can buy a mount for like $60, but they are just small adapters that go on the original uni-mount light brackets.

16. mossman381

More pics. I really need some wings. I know buyers sells a kit for $200. I think I could build some really nice wings for that kind of money.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  17. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pics and strobes!

18. mossman381

Thanks, I was going to take more pics but my camera batteries died on me.

19. Spudman

Spudman Member

Mossman, you've got a great looking truck there with the rack, custom paint, and rims. I saw another one of your posts a while back about some of your other trucks. All of them seemed to be unique somehow. The black 3500 SRW Chevy with the cowl induction hood looked awesome.

So if my username means I'm a potato grower, then Mossman must make you a moss farmer?

20. mossman381

Thanks spudman. I like my trucks to be personalized. And yep, we harvest long fiber sphagnum moss in the summer. Here is a pic of my uncle pulling a load out of the marsh.

[​IMG]