1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing Pics Maine 2013

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BOSSMAN21, Jan 19, 2013.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Here's just a few, we are getting hammered as we speak, but went out and took a few when we had around 3 inches this morning.

1.19.13 -4.jpg

1.19.13 -2.jpg

1.19.13 -1.jpg

1.19.13 -3.jpg

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Good stuff! Grab a nap while you can!

3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Been snowing here since around 7am, supposed to get about 3 to 4" when done.

That Boss plow looks like it would love a set of wings.

4. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Just another one of the 9'2" stacking snow, Beast.

1.19.13 -5.jpg

5. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Another one stacking.....lol. Thumbs Up

1.19.13 -6.jpg

6. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

The Boss would love the wings, not so sure if my 3/4 ton Chev would when there is a foot+ of wet heavy snow though! lol.

7. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Are your 9.2 V's flat top, or XT plows? I don't run the snow flap on my XT - just curious if you like the flap. Thanks.

8. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

How many inches did you guys get?

9. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics i alway like the ones from the cab with a v plow stacking snow

10. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments, mine are regular power v's, no XT's yet, although next year I have plans to buy one. And we got 6-8 inches in places, others 4-6. Was an easy push, still have some cleaning up to do, so will keep in touch! Thumbs Up

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Looking great, those new chevys are nice trucks

12. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Nice truck.

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for the nice pictures. Nice looking plow and truck you got there.

14. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Thanks for the compliments guys! Hoping to have another just like it next fall to go along with the business and expand just a little more!

15. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

how does the 6.0 2011 2500 handle plowing. Im looking at a 2011 2500 with a 6.0

16. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Handles it Awesome, the front ends in the 11's and 12's were beast's. The only thing about it that I don't like is that you have to turn off the traction control because if you don't, then it makes you slide and lose power.

17. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

If you get another will it be white to match your 11'? Both mine are white and look good dirty compared to the darker colors.

The 2011 + year Chevy and GMC trucks are a liitle stonger too, they went to a all tube style frame. So more rigid. Thumbs Up

18. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Looks good! I could only wish we could get a snow like that to push! We have 2 VXTs and 2 flat top boss's and I guess in my opinion the for the work we do the flat tops work just fine. The VXTs work good if your doing an account where you are trying to wing the snow over the edge and throw it rather then just pushing it to the end. All in all both are good plows...but the VXT really looks mean! You'll love it if you upgrade next year. Hope you keep getting the good snows while we just freeze to death up here in the frozen tundra. -15 degrees right now with a windchill of -39 degrees with a whole whopping snow pack of 3 inches!