1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing out docks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by swineford28, Feb 3, 2008.

1. swineford28

swineford28 Junior Member

i am new to the snow pushing but always wanting to learn more about everything . my question is a am bidding on a job that has 5 docks that need to b cleaned out i would assume that there is a diffrent charge for that but i am not sure wanted to know if any1 out there could give a hand
  2. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Not sure on rates etc. But from having done them at my bosses various warehouses, backdragging out of the docks is my easiest way to do them.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Most people bid the whole job. Lot,docks and/or sidewalks if there are any. Depends on if you are doing it hourly. We figure our operating costs to do everything and charge accordingly.
  4. craigd

craigd Member

You might want to consider a pull plow for that kind of work. I plowed a loading dock with one a few years back and it worked great. Plus, you can back in and chip away at them if the snow is deep. Back dragging is for the birds when your nose is pointed down a pit like that.