1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing on xmas day

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jayman3, Dec 18, 2006.

1. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

prsport Was just wondering how many of you guys go out on xmas day I just go and open up the main isles and then do the private road and the main parts at the apt buildings,then go back that night and do all,but depends on the storm if it is big then do it all bring in the boys and get ur done.Oh yeah no snow up here in CANADA,S CAPITAL money in the bank.

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

If its snowing, were plowing :p never really matters when :drinkup:

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Snow doesn't know holidays, and neither do I. Obviously I'm not in as much rush to get the commercials done, and I might go light with the residentials until later, but I'll get everything done holiday or not.

~Kevin

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I seriously doubt we will get any on Christmas this year, but if it falls, I will push it. payup

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Been there, done that. Christmas, New Years, Wife's Birthday..

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I WISH I was going to be able to plow on Christmas, I'll take snow ANY time (after I go to Church of course)!!! I want snow !!!:cry:

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

ide love to plow on christmas or anyday for that matter!!....christmas day, less traffic!!

8. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

24/7 thats the great thing about snow...

24/7 ,hope you dont have anything important to do.....

9. doh

doh Senior Member

I do my homes but not my businesses, thats for boxing day.

10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree with mkwl, do the exact same thing, my wife asked what do you wnat for Christmas, naturally I said snow, it's free !! :nod:

11. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Does not matter when it falls, if it falls, we plow. No questions asked. That is my job.

12. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

My contract states that you will get at least one push within 12 hours of the START of the snowfall, but you can still give them a little holiday charge:)

13. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

The couple Apt we have we do right away, and the churches.
    factories no, they care closed,
    plazas we do, but don't rush to since more stores are closed.

14. starc

starc Senior Member

Same here...available 24/7

15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

plowed christmas i think 2 years ago i cant remember maby 3 but it doesnt bother me any

16. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

ooooh, that one had to hurt:rolleyes:

This summer it had been raining the whole week before my wifes bday, and was supposed to rain for another week- sorry hunny, gotta mow. wife not happy:angry:

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Christmas Day for 3 hours and New Years Eve last year. Work has to come first.

18. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I think I've worked every chrismas for as long as I can remember.

19. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Same as with most I'd plow on holidays.

I'd be too scared of having it freeze up on me.

20. aus316

aus316 Member

:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: plow 24-7 if its x-mas day the only requirment is stop by motherin laws for 30 mins(and do her driveway if no ones parked in it) and grab a big container of food and off to the races again:drinkup: :drinkup: merry x-mas and happy holidays 2 all