1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing on uneven sidewalk...need some help!!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by pjprod, Oct 8, 2009.

1. pjprod

pjprod Junior Member
    from ny

Hi...I had a hard time plowing last season because my sidewalks are very uneven. Do they make a plow shoe that would be shaped like a ski to ride up and over. I am running a moose 5' county plow with standard shoes. Any thoughts....i am sick of almost going over the handlebars on my machine....thanks.
  2. SQuad

SQuad Member

How about a thick rubber blade instead of the stock steel one, it would be a little more forgiving than the stiff steel.
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Leaving any hard pack on a sidewalk isn't a good idea. What we do is always leave our blade angle a little bit and we amke sure the ends of our cuttiing edges are cut off on an angle so the blade rides over the eneven part. Also relax the springs on your blade a bit if you already havn't.