1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing on Tow/Haul?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkwl, Dec 2, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I'm wondering- is it best to plow drives in Tow/haul mode or not? What are the advantages/disadvantages?

2. Ryno

Ryno Junior Member

I believe the safest thing for your tranny is to plow in 1st gear, so activating the tow/haul doesn't really matter.
  3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

had a '97 k3500 I only put it into 3rd and plowed. However, had I left it in drive I would never have expected it to go into over drive either. Zero problems, plenty of power and the trans was tuned well enough that it handled the power/torque needed.

Now I have the 2007 with tow/haul on 6.0l. I'll leave it in drive and use tow/haul. First off I don't need to be finger shifting in Manual mode, 1st is too low for anything but budgeting a house ( it's meant for a push to get moving gear ). I suspect the truck is tuned well enough to know not to go to over drive at 15mph.
  4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I use the t/h mode when I am running in between sites and I sometimes forget to undo it. I have never had a problem with it and I believe it is probably better for it anyway as far as the shifting of the tranny goes.
  5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Tow inbetwen accounts for me, 1st while plowing!