1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing on Sept 30, 2008

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Ok, I couldn't stand it anymore,... it started snowing again, and we may be close to 6" now,... so I put the Speedwing on the flat bed truck,... after all, how often does a person get a chance to plow in September? (Even in Alaska?)

pict0001 (Small).JPG

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

hahah i knew you couldnt resist

3. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

A winter-weather advisory has been issued for all roads in this part of Alaska now thru tonight, with up to a foot of snow in higher elevations, so I just may get some calls today or tomorrow already!! So, I decided to clean out my own driveway & test & see how the plows works,.. everything is just like it was when I quit last April... I started with a straight push right down the middle all the way out,...wesport

PICT0003 (Small).JPG

PICT0004 (Small).JPG

4. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Radio said about half the school buses were running very late today,.. if they didn't chain up, some couldn't even go,... many people weren't ready for this yet,....

PICT0005 (Small).JPG

PICT0006 (Small).JPG

5. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I'm digging up a little more gravel than what I usually do,.. but then the ground isn't froze as hard as it will be a little later,....

PICT0009 (Small).JPG

PICT0010 (Small).JPG

6. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

Lucky!!!!!

7. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Amazing how fast the seasons can change here,... yesterday was sunny & cold, but still like fall,.. today is like winter came instantly,...

PICT0007 (Small).JPG

PICT0008 (Small).JPG

8. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Sorry if these seem repetitive,... I don't normally stop & take this many photos,.. but hey, it's still September! :D

PICT0011 (Small).JPG

PICT0012 (Small).JPG

9. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

wow ... have fun .. hopefully well get some of that by november lol
    enjoy it..good luck.. and stay safe,
    Kyle

10. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Last group,... the snow is still packy this early,... we'll see if this keeps up,... that was fun,... I'm psyched now !!:bluebounc:D:salute:

PICT0015 (Small).JPG

pict0016 (Small).JPG

PICT0017 (Small).JPG

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  11. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

YOU LUCKY SON OF .............

Goat Herder

12. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

very nice keep them comming!

13. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

you lucky dog. Finally someone knocked GV off the top with a plowable snow before october! lol very nice, but it better hold off here for at least 8 more weeks. the leaves are just starting to change very slightly, and i just installed a new lawn, so pleeeaasee give me 8 more weeks of "decent" weather! Then ill take all the snow mother nature can throw at me!!!! :D

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I dont kno what to say, im so happy i just saw those photos! I guess we all can say gv who? and what oct blizzard?:drinkup:

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry he doesn't count. Only valid in the continuance 48 states! :nod:

16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Last time i check big earl wanted to bid on all those states!:p Start from east-west!

17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

can you box up a lil thing of snow and send it my way :)

18. SE+C

SE+C Member

lucky devil just making everyone in the lower 48 drool a little bit

19. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i hope thats an indication of what my and tims winter going be like . payup thanks for the pictures very good like always . i gotta ask are you running the boss this year ?

20. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Oh yeah,.. just didn't think I needed a V-plow yet,... :D,... although if it keeps snowing like it's dumping right now all day & all night, I might! I just wanted to run that Speedwing as much as I could last winter while it was on the dealer's nickel. We should have some great early winter scenes around here if it does stop & clear off, before it all melts again, so I'll snap a few if it happens,... prsport

4x4 (Small).JPG