1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing On Easter !!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CNYScapes, Apr 8, 2007.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

Are you kidding me??? We had to plow a couple of accounts this morning. They had 2 inches in them. All my other stuff is closed. This is ridiculous. What happened to global warming?
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Whats the problem? :confused:
    It's your job.:nod:

It's only April now if it was June or something:dizzy:

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

I wish i had that problem out here in mass.:gunsfiring:
  4. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Its only April 8th. We have been plowing for 4 days now, well over 14" on the ground and still pounding. Plowing on Easter is nothing, its when you have to plow 16" on Mothers Day like 5 or 6 years ago that it really sucks.
  5. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

its is nuts... cnyscapes where did you guys plow today.. nice trucks you guys got.. i see you guys around a lot esp in the summer.
  6. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

Thanks Lawncare 18, we have a church and a gas station, both in North syracuse. They had about 1.5" on them. I am just complaining because this time of year we usually have all the plow damage fixed already and are working on landscapes by now.

Lake effect-Channel 9 said it has only snowed on easter once in the last 20 years. Of course that is at the airport, not up where you are.
  7. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

I hear ya.. im ready to go.. work on a golf course.. been cleaning up but now at a stand still again.. im up near bville.. you go soouth of the city nothing much i bet..
  8. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

i woke up this morning and there was a foot of snow on the ground up here in cleveland!:dizzy:
  9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I just heard it was snowing at 1-2 inches an hr in Erie.

The Up of MI has received over two feet in the last 7 days and it is still snowing.

There predicting snow for us on wensday.
  10. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I will be sweeping but it could change anytime and back to plowing as late as May.
  11. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I wish I lived up by you. We had 4 events this year, 3 of which was snow, 1st was 4" 2nd was 4" and the last was 5":dizzy:( all of the storms were followed by ICE which was a mother) for a total of 13". What did upstate NY get??????? I know it is weird to plow in April. Why don't you come move down toward the city and I'll come up by you!!??!!
  12. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that is crazy!!!!! monday it was 82 deg and i got sunburnt on the roof and by wed it was 17 deg and a 30 mph wind.....global warming???
  13. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Our forcast below Cleveland ( Akron ) said 3-5 inches last night.
    I am thinking yeah RIGHT !
    So I put the plow on, top off fluids and fuel the truck.
    Guess what ? No snow !
    STOP the COLD bring back spring !
    It's over, give up already!
  14. Mark in MD

Mark in MD Member

On Friday nite/Saturday, we had four inches just south of Wash DC
  15. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Plowing on ANY Holiday is better than not plowing at all. I'll take waht I can get, and this year I only got about 3 or 4.