1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing on 20's

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jonny01blaze, Feb 25, 2014.

1. jonny01blaze

jonny01blaze Junior Member

I've racked a few mechanic buddies minds and get conflicting answers. Who all here plows with their stock 20 inch rims and what series tire are you running? Any issues?

2. TLSIMMONS

TLSIMMONS Member

I have the Good Year Dura trac on my 2011 F 350 and I love them,never had an issue with them at all. But they are right expensive.best tire I have ever run.

3. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

I have 2 f350's with 275-65r20 Michelin LTX A/T 2 the work great, however the 265-60r20 Goodyear wranglers at that came on my 2013 gmc 2500 hd suck.

4. TLSIMMONS

TLSIMMONS Member

The Dura Trac has a real aggressive tread but I really like them,the storm we had on Valentines gave my area 20 inches they performed flawless. This is my third season on the Dura Tracs.

5. jonny01blaze

I appreciate the responses and this is good to know. I trust my guys but just wanted to see what the general consensus was around here.

6. jonny01blaze

I guess while still on topic, does anyone run BF Goodrich All Terrains for plowing and year round purposes. Whats your over opinion on them for commercial use. I've had them on Personal vehicles and they wear extremely well.

7. DStrabb

DStrabb Member
    from MI

I love the BFGs but in my experience if you tow a lot of weight on a regular bases the wear pretty quick.

8. WHTTLHNTR

WHTTLHNTR Junior Member
    from Raymond

Like mentioned above. I have found the BGF's to be a great tire until you tow anything with some weight on a consistent basis. They start wearing very quick

9. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

Yes both correct. Nice tires but my boss had them and they wore down quickly as he towed.

10. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I run the goodyear dura tracs and as the above have mentioned they are hands down the best tire money can buy.

11. jonny01blaze

This all really helps my decision, I think I should be fine with size and I'll keep the BFG's on the personal truck! Going to look into the duratracs.

12. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

In all honesty you won't be dissapointed. When they where brand new I was plowing in 2wd, because I didn't realize I wasn't in four. It's an amazing tire, I will be reshoeing with them after this season, fronts are worn because I slacked on rotation.

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

14. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

15. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

yea, I run them, just got to be care going downhill......crazy speed will cause them to bounce or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDPprNgsjrM lol

trucks rolls on LT275/65R20

16. jonny01blaze

Thats a good looking tread on that tire!

17. NThill93

NThill93 Member

Dad runs Cooper Discover AT/3 275/60/20 they're holding up well, just have a soft sidewall.

18. jonny01blaze

I have the AT/3s currently and they have been a "ok" tire. I haul alot and obviously trailer in the summer and rotate my tires often due to this and I will need new tires this year at some point. They fall in the lines of the BFG, good consumer tire vs commercial.

19. Joejohn

Joejohn Junior Member

i'm a tire dealer in Canada - the bfg tire is a great tire, however they seem to be wearing quite a bit quicker, especially on trucks with plows and hauling - as was previously mentioned in this thread.

The one tire that we've started selling quite a few of, are the Michelin LTX AT2 - they wear very well, perform extremely well in snow, and last quite a while for plowing, overall for traction, hauling ability, wear, comfort, they are a great tire. The duratrac is another one that we sell several of, and the guys love them.

Joe

20. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

A lot of people on here hate the at2s. Said they have lousy traction and they're soft.

I love them though lol