1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing noob

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Snoviper, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

I am new to plowing and just purchased a new Sno-Way 29HD, plan on doing my own, plus family and friends driveways. I am also going to try and do a few extra driveways to help pay for the plow and to slowly break in to the business. I am about 10 years from retirement and looking to possibly build something up for after retirement. I just don't want to sit around, and extra money never hurts. The plow will be mounted on my 2012 Ram 2500HD w/ plow prep package, it also has 4.10 gears so it pulls or pushes in this case very well.
    Just wanted to say Hi and give a little background in case I have questions in the future. I am also working with my insurance company to figure out what kind of coverage I should have or if I should switch.ussmileyflag

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

truck, plow, insurance.....seems like you on the right track, now you just got to get a few customers & some snow. I'd recommend trying to get a few customers that are close to the existing places you plow. Tight rought= more profit. Good luck this year & welcome to plowsite.

3. Red02F250

Red02F250 Senior Member

Welcome!

Seems like you're starting the same way I did. This site and the members are a wealth of information and experience on everything from equipment repairs and recommendations to the business aspects. A few quick searches and you can find almost anything. Enjoy!

4. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Purchased a new Sno-Way 29HD

Well I finally purchased my first plow. I had a Sno-Way 29 HD 8FT, installed on the Ram. I ended up paying $5150 installed, plus tax. The wireless remote (No holes through the firewall and less wires), the down pressure, and less weight were the reasons I went with this over the other brands. I did get a price of $4495 plus tax for a Boss Super Duty 8' but decided I wanted to try the extra features of the Sno-Way. The price I was quoted for the Fisher HD 8' was $4800 installed.

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Happy Plowing!!! Be sure to post pics when you get it installed & when you get snow

6. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Pic of my truck and plow

Pic of my truck with the plow on.

Snoviper Plowing Oct.jpg

7. Red02F250

Red02F250 Senior Member

Nice setup! I just got a new Boss DXT myself. Now all we need is some snow, and the more the better.