1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing new pavement

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Swinn, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Swinn

Swinn Member

I recently had my driveway tore up and paved. Is it possible to plow it this year or should I find another way to clear it. Any hints for how to attack it from some experienced guys. You must run into this with clients.
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

how long ago was it paved? If it was the beginning of the summer it's as hard as it's going to get. The only real concerns I have with fresh pavement is wheel slipping seems to heat the surface enough to frequently deform it, just as parking on it in the hot sun leaving tire impressions, and the edges are more suceptible to being caught and lifted by the blade, so don't plow into the edge, plow off of it to the street.
  3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

No problem. No special care need be taken. Just make sure that the grade along the edge has been built up to the height of or slightly below the drive way.
  4. Swinn

Swinn Member

They finished base and top coat today. So the scramble will be on to get the edges built up before everything freezes. It sounds like probably my biggest concern will be at the begining of the drive, where there is a storm grate that the driveway dips down into before the road. Thanks alot.