1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing Nemo 2013

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by hikeradk, Feb 9, 2013.

1. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Going to upload some pictures and videos of Storm Nemo. Feel free to add your photos from around your area. It wasn't that bad probably 12-24 around the area.

2. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Looks manageable at least.

One thing I noticed is no drifting to really speak of. After our blizzard a couple of seasons ago, we had 12'-20' drifts on the backside of large commercial buildings and out in the out-lying farm country where the snow was allowed to move.

4. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  5. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

The winds really never picked up like they expected. If they had it would have been a completely different clean up. A couple weeks back the winds gusted up to 60 mph and had very little snow and even the smallest amount of snow created a whiteout. If we had those winds we would have had the 12'-20' drifts.

6. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

7. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Under all this snow is a parking lot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Some nice big piles and a tool to do it with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I was lucky not to have drifts but other areas around here had plenty of driftage.

37 1/2" here.

10. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Man, that's still a lot snow.....

11. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Here are some pics I snapped today. We had about 20" from the blizzard. Wind gusts of 80+.

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

12. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

A couple of the truck hard at work.

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

13. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Wow i like the pictures, some crazy drifts there! I hope you guys can find some time to rest and hopefully all your customers don't lose there cool with all ya guys. A storm like that would take the normal plow route and times it by 10 or more.

14. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

It helps tremendously that it came over the weekend. But we were actually in pretty good shape this morning. We were prepared and had everything done that we needed to except a few residential. Had it been a week day, I would have called out my father in a third truck as backup to make sure we got everything done on time. Can't have unhappy customers!

15. 89Heaver

89Heaver Member

sorry if huge...it wasnt fun i was stuck for over 2 hours and wound up digging myself out....nothing broke and made it home but very not fun.

108.jpg

110.jpg

16. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

This was a nice storm but traction sucked, slush under the snow so I kept track of how many times I got stuck, 20! This was the first time plowing with this truck and I couldnt have been happier.

17. timetraveler

timetraveler Junior Member
    from 45133

we'll see you boy's tomorrow, me and 12 guys and six trucks are four hours out. were coming to get a piece of NEMO. YEAH. Way we figure it is there is thousands of people there that don't have account set up but there still gonna need plowed out. even at 30.00 a drive its still a small fourtune to be made.

if it don't snow here we go there.

18. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

19. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

Come over for hot dogs and hamburgers when you guys get done.

2013-02-10_07-02-14_401.jpg

20. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member