1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing in michigan

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flykelley, Jan 15, 2004.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Well Gang

we got snow all right about 10 inchs,been plowing for the last two days,Im tired and going to bed.

Be Carefull of what you ask for,you just might get it.

Good Night Mike

2. Manx

Manx Senior Member

I was out to
    I didn't see how many inchs they said it was
    It sure took longer then a norm. 2-4 push thou

So what was the official depth ?

3. flykelley

Manx,
    The official snowfall at NWS in White Lake was 10 inchs.I belive that was a pretty good number in this area.

Most of my jobs are not to far from there.

Regards Mike

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

you guys suck,we got barely 1" in Kalamazoo :D oh well hope the next storm dumps more.:D :D

5. looks like another 2-4'' today! Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't turn into 1'' or something like that. Maybe it'll be more! :D

6. flykelley

Ya guys its snowing again,2-4 they say,just looked at radar and it looks like we are going have to plowpayup

Regards Mike

P.S. Maybe I will go buy that Snowex Spreader after all.

7. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

:realmad: must be N-ice.....all we have in Indy is Icy rain !!!!!

8. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

WOOO HOOOOO!!! Finally a plowable sno-storm! 6 inches or more in some areas! It came down in less then 10 hours and I couldn't be happier. :D

9. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Yup we pushed 6-7 in livonia and most other areas looked to be 6-10 inches,finally nice to get that first real plowing out of the way... see you all out there again soon..payup payup

10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Eyesell, did you get a piece of the action too? I know you've been waiting awhile.:waving:

11. We got between 8-9" here in the Armada area, now we are having fun with the drifting!!!!!!!!

12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

You bet, our offical amount at Metro Airport was 5.7"... I plowed most customers at 2" trigger, started at 3:30 pm and ended at 4:30 am. Heck, I even had a few customers that hit my next level on the contract, 4-6" made a few extra payup

Looking for the next event to happen shortly.

:D :D

13. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

yeppers down here in the southwest area (lower van buren county) we picked up about 6" sunday and now another 4-5"....it's so nice...sunday i had to plow in morning because of 3 inches then had to plow at night because of another 3-4"....:eek:

14. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Well, over here in the Kalamazoo area, we got nothing, again. Luckily there is still alot of winter left to make some $$.:D :D Closer to the lake is suppose to get alot of snow. Heard 10-20" of snow.

15. weather dude says more on wednesday night/thursday morning.

16. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Just a dusting forcasted for here:(

17. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

I'm in Jackson and we dont have but a few inches on the ground, and the curent outlook is less then an inch for wed! :realmad: I have plowed 2-3 times nothing great!! we need to get a good snow fall SOON!!

18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

AMEN brother !!!!

19. big freggin deal, 1 inch wed. But the next five days is 'supposed' to snow a little.

20. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

Now it says 1" -2" for Wed purplebou :bluebounc :D I still want a damn Blizzard LOL 5" would be just fine!!

Get out and do the SNOW dance guys!!!

Jeff