1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing for my employer... WI

Discussion in 'Networking' started by nickhanso, Mar 3, 2012.

1. nickhanso

nickhanso Junior Member

I've been plowing for my boss 2 times so far this winter. I charge for pretty cheap... compared to what he pay's me for actually working for him. $35 for two decent parking lots in WI. So I tried asking how I would be compensated and he said we will talk about it/work it out. This week I fell short of 40hrs because we got hit with snow and he said if we ever got a snow storm just make sure you get your plowing done then come to work. I did our shop first at 5:00 a.m then my others. Long story short here... Today I asked him when they did payroll if he wanted to just add 2 hours to my paycheck to make up for the plowing. He asked if that is how I wanted to do it, I said well it's up to you... Then he said he could just give me a check at the end of the year with: Services on the memo and wouldn't have to worry about taking taxes out is this right?? Confused.
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Tell him to pay you cash. If he gives you a check you should probably expect a 1099 come tax time. Or just invoice him and have him pay you, that would be the easiest, then pay your taxes accordingly.
  3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Wow !!! This is a interesting post
  4. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

You still pay taxes on services in the US.If its income you pay.I second Cash.