1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing for Lowes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Triton Snow Systems, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

Anybody in here plow for Lowes Home Centers. Have to prepare a bid for one of there locations. Looking for some feedback. Thanks

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I don't personally but my buddy does both of them here in town. I can consult with him and see what he says.

3. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Lowe's

My buddies do Lowe's too. I was gonna try to get it for next year, but they may keep it? I'm hoping they want to dump it.

Jeff

4. Triton Snow Systems

lowes

What I'd really like to know is,how well do they pay and how do they like to structure there contacts. Per trip-By the hour-etc.

5. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

I sub for a guy who had both here in Springfield. They were billed per push with a 2" trigger. Hope that helps a little.

6. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Lowe's

I believe they also charge per push with a 2" trigger.

Jeff

7. JennyB

JennyB Junior Member
    from SE MI

We plow three Lowe's stores. Two on a seasonal contract and one per push. They are great customers but pretty demanding. Ours have a 1" trigger for plowing and want multiple salts under one inch. They will call at all times of the day and night for service and want it immediately. They pay very well for this service. We mow and sweep six of their stores, but being as they are demanding, we didn't feel we could plow them all efficiently. Let me know if you need more information, as long as you are not going after my stores, I am happy to help!

8. Triton Snow Systems

lowes

JennyB,

Could you maybe email me your contact phone #. to:tritonsnowsys@sbcglobal.net. I would like to ask you some questions.

Thanks in Advance.

Triton Snow Systems Inc.

9. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Jenny B
    Please send me a PM I would like to speak to you about a new Lowe's store in SE Michigan.

Thanks Mike Kelley
    Mike's Snowplowing
    Waterford MI
    248 431 6443

10. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

I used to work at Lowes. They were pretty demanding. I think our trigger was 1". They would call for salt at all times too. The thing that hurt our plower was that we had a fence around the lumber yard so they had to wait until 6am til a manager was there to unlock it for them.The contractor charged per hour I believe. He made a ton of money from our store. As far a paying, they were pretty quick. They paid at store level with the store credit card.

11. JennyB

JennyB Junior Member
    from SE MI

12. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Thanks Jenny I will send you a email.

Regards Mike