1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing for local towns Info needed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dss56, Feb 15, 2009.

1. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

Can some one tell me what is the procedure for getting hired on for plowing in local towns like Everett, Medford, Malden area in MA.? Just need the info the town requires.

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

simplest way to find out is call the town.. eac one may want slightly different information.
    i know my town wanted to see proof of insurance (forget the numbers but they are high) commercial registration/insurance, proof of workmans comp(if an employee is driving the truck) then they also required a tare wiehgt slip of the empty truck, and a visual inspection of the truck and plow by the highway superintendant. some towns may require general liability insurance
  3. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

All I did in the past

All I did in the past was go down to the city's/towns DPW and shake hands with the head of the highway dept if possible and get the information from him. At least that way he will be able to put a face with your name when you turn in your paperwork.
    I found the best time to hookup with them was either first thing in the morning or about a half hour before going home time...
    That worked for me with both Beverly and the State.
  4. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I did the same, rather than call and talk to someone in the office, i went and met with the supervisor, got a list of what i needed to have/get, and took it from there. The best way to start a business relationship is face to face!
  5. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Plowin for the town's a quick way to get Rich$$ payup ...Just ask Colligan! LOL :waving: