1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing for free beer!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tom c., Jan 16, 2014.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

Ok guys you're gonna love this one. I used to plow a local veterans hall. Small lot 30-40 cars and some sidewalks. I am a member so I would throw in some free salting etc , but always kept my prices fair. well someone else got the job and I know the guy. So I said to the guy that I used to do the lot but I guess my price wasn't good enough for them. I quess they thought I'd do it for a few beers. Well he says that's what I'm doing it for!@@#$$wtf. :drinkup: I hope he likes to drink!!!:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

We are all dying to know how he will pay for his outrageous NJ GL insurance premium. I bet they won't take beer!
  3. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

Beer money

I figured out how much I would have charged for the last 4 storms and it would have been over $500-600. Now a case of beer around here goes for $18-20. So that would be 25-30 cases of beer!! Looks to be another storm next week Thumbs Up
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Think he has any?

For that much beer I would do it.

I do one on and off,when I was plowing, the bartender would give me a couple of roadies for while I was plowing there!
  5. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

this place only has tap beer. So he's gonna have to do a lot of driking to break even. If his liver makes it through!!!
  6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Could you actually drink 25 cases of beer before it went bad ? Most beer has a shelf life, correct ? You would need help, I'm sure we could stop by and take care of that for you.
  7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

To Judge--''Your Honor,my client and I have a handshake deal that basically says I get paid in beer,quantity unknown,basically,ummm,you know,I guess whenever I want to drink some.No,I don't carry any of that inn-surance stuff,that's for real plowers who get actual money,I can't offer or afford that--I get paid in beer.Mrs.Smith here is going to have to find someone else with deeper pockets than me for her slip and fall,again,I get paid in beer.Now----if Mrs. Smith likes beer,perhaps- - - - - - -''
  8. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Do they give the guy beer before or after the job is done? If before, it could make for an interesting video...lol.
  9. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

yea I think that's about it. I guess some people just don't do the math!!
  10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Of course not. I was being sarcastic.
  11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just makes a good summer after lawn cutting