1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing for Fire Equipment

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by brightmachine, Aug 4, 2004.

1. brightmachine

brightmachine Junior Member

Can you make a forum for Snowplowing for fire & rescue equipment and departments in 'Snow Plowing'? If at all possible, could I be the moderator?
  2. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Do you plow for the fire departments??
  3. brightmachine

brightmachine Junior Member

I'm not hired to do so, but I'm one of the few members that does if I can be spared off one of the peices. It'd be good to have a forum where we (Fire & Rescue personell) could discuss policies, training department members, vehicles, equipment, etc
  4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I am a fireman but I think that forum would be best left to an entirely different site. In essence, firefighting and snowplowing are two entirely different businesses. That is why we don't have landscapers here talking about fertilizer and such even though a ton of members here are landscapers.
  5. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

I see you are from the Bethesda, MD area. If you belong to the Montgomery County System, then stand-by.

We are are in the process of revamping the whole driver's program. There will be a module on four wheel drive, off road units (such as brush units), and utility vehicles. One of the components will include proper snowplowing techniques, etc...