1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing fatigue?? Sore stomach muscles?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by All Trades, Jan 10, 2005.

1. All Trades

All Trades Junior Member
    from Iowa

I was wondering if anyone else has experianced this. I plowed for 2-16 hr days last week. I must have plowed with my stomach all tensed up beacuse now for the last 4 days I feel like I have done thousands of sit ups. Any good way to prevent this?? Up until this yr I have done all my own walks but this yr I have been bringing an employee to do the walks so I am out of the truck much less than before.

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like you already figured it out, you need to get out and stretch. eaiser said than done though. :) my back and neck get real sore after about 8 hrs.
  3. midview31

midview31 Junior Member

when you do two 16 hr days, does that represent a typical snow or is this an ass kicker that buries everyone? on a normal 2/3" trigger how long are you in the truck? whats a fair number of seasonals to sign-up and do figuring one truck with a decent set up. im picking up my plow tomorrow. my drive is 130' of black top and a secondary drive of 60' gravel. don't work in the winter so its a good reason to get out of the house. wouldn't mind doing some drives if there real easy. need the pratice.
  4. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

I got my truck set up to where I have to sit up stait, butt all the back in seat, to comfortably run all controls and buttons. I think it helps a lot to keep me from being over the steering wheel, which kills my back. I say you need to readjust all your controls