1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing Equipment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Dec 4, 2005.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Just curious what you guys may be using for your snow removal equipment.

I run with 4 3/4 trucks with Hininker plows, 2 straights, & 2 V plows. Small commercial and some driveways.

2 New Holland Boomer tractors with front mount snow blowers. They do all residential driveways and walks. 52 inch blowers.

2 walk behind honda blowers. Used at churchs and some businesses with muplti level walk-up and steps.

2 walk behind toro blowers. They are with the plow trucks - easy to throw into truck when needed to clean off sidewalks around the building - such as banks, small commercial accounts.

I then sub out the big stuff to 2 different guys. One guy uses a cat loader with 12' pusher and skid, the other guy uses two john deere tractors with snow buckets.

That is my operation - what is yours.

2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

1 3/4ton chevy 2500hd, 2 shovels, spreader, and 2toro sonwblowers go in the back of that and do about 25 or so driveways with that. and then I hired someone else with a 3/4ton ford who does my commercial lots, about 5. Takes about 6-8 hours to get all of them odne.

3. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

27 4X4's with plows. (straits, V's, and PowerPlows)
    15 on reserve list
    2 tailgate spreaders
    1 4X4 with trailer stocked with salt, brand new 36" blower, shovels and sidewalk spreader.
    1 2 Yard salt spreader on a 1ton
    1 dump with salt spreader, vibrating box, and belly blade
    1 Mustang 2070 Skid

4. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

truck

i rin a 75 ford f100 with a 460 4 speed 7'6 western i belive it is

5. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

f-350 PSD dumptruck with fisher 9' and 8 foot v-box
    2 case super m backhoes for stacking and pushing
    case 1840 skidloader loads salt

we mostly do private roads in new developments that havent been turned over to the township yet