1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing during a driving ban

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by grandview, Nov 24, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For the insurance guys. I heard if your out driving during a ban and get into an accident you won't be covered?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That hasn't been mythbusters tested yet.

3. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

GV what did your agent say when you asked him?

4. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

GV is alive after the 6ft? Wow

5. grandview

My wife was babbling on about from a highly respectable site.Facebook.:laughing:

6. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Great question GV. If I am correct, breaking any government
    order precludes your insurance from
    Responding.
    Ben/Insurance

7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Laugh My Ass Off !!!!:laughing:

8. grandview

Actually,it was 7ft of snow.

9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

In Canada, if it's not a criminal code conviction your insurance would still be in force. Driving on a closed road or during a driving ban would get you a fine, but would not negate your insurance.

10. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

Your wife's friends on FB should go back out an shovel more snow instead of typing. I don't know your state's laws but in DE we are allowed to drive in a Level 2 driving ban, assuming your are licensed and insured to plow snow. Which we can assume that everyone on here is, but can't say the same for every guy/gal out there with a plow. Possibly after a level 2 my insurance may not cover, but I guess it is something I should look into since I have to stop over to my insurance carrier this week.

Michael

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I would agree it would be the same in the states. It would only be a problem if you got stuck on a snow emergency route or called for help then you would get a ticket.

12. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 Member

That's would be a good excuse to tell the customers why there driveway isn't done.

13. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

lol, that is excuse no 78 on why NSP's can't pay their subs

14. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

Just talked to my agent about another issue, while on the phone I posed this question. Of course your covered. They are obligated to cover you per the contract. Now they may drop you just like to many tickets or drunk driving. Those things are illegal as well but you still covered.

15. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Only applies to women drivers.:cry:

16. hellion

hellion Member

Pretty sure in my area snow removal equipment is exempted from driving ban during a snow/ice emergency. Have driven past local/county/staties law enforcement after level 4's been called and not a second look. I would think if the insurance underwriters would take the snow removal business premium they quoted, then they would be bound to honor their insurance coverage. Just sayin.

17. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I believe in MA snow removal operation's are allowed to continue during driving bans. two years ago I got pulled over TWICE while running home during a driving ban from our sites to grab more clothes and the cops let me go and said keep doing work once they saw i was on the clock. Not sure what made them want to pull me over considering the flashing lights, two snowblowers, five shovels, and 300+ lbs of ice melt in the bed of the truck. I was the shoveling guy!

18. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

We don't Have these terms y'all speak off in the Midwest. They know we are a lawless society in Chicago full of nitwits and nincompoops who can't even drive on clear days, so why even try to regulate in crappy blizzard type conditions.

19. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

Not 100% true, during the 2011 storm Lake County had a ban in affect on all roads in the county. I was snowed in for a couple of hours with 7 foot snow drifts all over the place.

20. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Way to prove his point...LOL