1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing driveways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnDLawn, Feb 22, 2008.

?

How many plow their own driveways?

1. Plow

69 vote(s)
    84.1%
  2. Don't Plow

13 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

How many commercial guys out there don't even bother to plow their own driveway?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not my job!:D

3. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

i tried 2 set the tone from day one that i always come 1st. and the old ladys got 2 get out

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I plow my driveway last, usually the day after the storm!

5. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

I have a longer drive. I usually plow 1 pass out, so if the wife and baby have to leave they can. Other than that my drive usually gets finished after all the accounts. My sidewalks on the other hand, I think still have some snow on them from the beginning of the season.

6. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I do a quick cleanup when I head out in the morning. It's usually still snowing then so I cleanup later in the day. My office is at home, so every time I pull in I drop the plow.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I hit the drive first most times. My wife works for the school system so if it's that big of a storm She will have a snow day anyway.

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I always plow ours either before we go out or after we are done. We also plow my neighbors, so I just do mine while my shovelers are finishing my neighbors.

9. Second Look

Second Look Junior Member

Why would I do that, I get paid to plow and I am to cheap to pay me to do my drive! I have rental propaerty as well and they have to do their own!!! I don't work for free.

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Same here. I don't bother with the walks. except the ones that are more traveled. Like the back deck going to the barn and the patio inbetween the house and barn. Otherwise thats it.

11. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I plow my own after the storm. I want to have a clean base so the next time it snows, I've got a clear measurement.

However, I haven't mowed my own yard for 6 years now. I leave a mower home and my dad comes over to do it.

12. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I make my wife shovel :D
    Sometimes the kids will help her out.

13. LwnmwrMan22

I plow my own after the storm. I want to have a clean base so the next time it snows, I've got a clear measurement.

However, I haven't mowed my own yard for 6 years now. I leave a mower home and my dad comes over to do it.

14. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

was it really worth posting twice lol

i plow a pass on the way out then cleanup when i get home

15. Indy

Indy Senior Member

....I do mine so I know the plow is working fine before I get a zillion miles from my tools and garage. That and moma likey.:cool:

16. LwnmwrMan22

I don't know what's going on lately.... it did that to me when I posted a Toro 3650 in the for sale forum the other day as well....

I apologize....

17. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i come home from work usually a day after the storm so the driveway is usually shoveled by the time i get home.

18. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I usually do 1 pass on my way out, and then hit it again when I come home. I tried sending my wife a bill for plowing services once, but after the response I got, I never did that again.:dizzy:

19. LwnmwrMan22

I just barter for other "services"......:rolleyes:

20. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

When I leave and then when I am done. I do the walks the next day. They ticket you if you dont have your walks clear 24 hours after a storm in my city. So it works out well, work 20 hrs straight sleep and then the next day do the walks and then back to sleep.