1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing driveway with 07 Chev. Suburban 2500

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by SDAMJK, Feb 8, 2011.

1. SDAMJK

SDAMJK Junior Member
    from 13021

Can I mount a (Boss) stright standard duty plow on a 2007 Chevy Suburban 2500 (3/4) ton truck. I will only plow my driveway and drop the plow at home.

2. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

Yes, and it will hold the weight fine. I'd go with a 7'6" to save on cash, weight, and wear and tear. It would hold an 8' fine too.

3. loudcav

loudcav Member
    from ohio

I think hes more worried about how the blade will hold up

4. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

it will be fine for the plow and truck.

5. brimfield

brimfield Member

what size driveway and any curves and is this an extended cab or 8' bed? When I got my new Fisher 8' HD for my 2002 Durmax with the extended cab and a 8' bed, the 8' was recomended by the installer because a 7' 6" would run over snow in curves before it could plow it. I also got some Timbren spring assists to help with the front end weight, diesels add allot of front end weight.

6. Dakota Dave

Dakota Dave Member

A suburban is the same lenght as a standard cab long bed. He dosen't need to worry about the diesel weight penalty chevy hasn't put a diesel in a suburban in a long time. since your planning on leaveing the plow at home I just throw acouple sand bags in the far back and plow away.