1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing dirt road with Extreme V or X blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by josman, Mar 26, 2007.

1. josman

josman Junior Member

Anyone have any experience plowing dirt road with these plows. I just switched from a 9' mm to an 810 blizzard and the blizzard digs in bad with its steep edge angle. The new fishers like an extreme v are much steeper than an old ez v that I am using on my 02. I am looking to replace the 02 in the fall and also the plow, but after using the blizzard I think the new fishers might dig bad.

2. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

i run an xblade, and yes i have a gravel parking lot, that i have to plow with the blade bumped up 1 inch or so with little or no angle on the blade, or it digs.

For a dirt road i would think the area is compacted quite a bit and it wouldent dig as bad, but i dont know the condidtions.

This parking lot never freezes over, and is always muddy so its a pain in the @ss.

But if you have just a dirt road, only the side you angle to will dig, again i dont think it would be as bad givin a road is more compacted than a parking lot.

3. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I plow a gravel/dirt private road that is a little more than a 1/4 mile. If you have the blade angled it wont dig at all. I prolly plow it a 20-25 miles an hour. If fact it works better than the boss vee on dirt.
    The angle on the x blade cutting edge is almost vertical. That might make it not catch as much bbut man does it scrap down to bare tar.

4. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

trust me, angled on gravel, the angled side will dig alot.

I dont know about the V, but the Xblade scrapes like you wouldent believe.