1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing Costs On North East (North Shore Mass)

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Skid7c, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Skid7c

Skid7c Junior Member

Hi, I currently just picked up plowing. i live on the north shore Massachusetts. i was wondering what the average cost was per driveway plowing, and after how much snow do you plow and how it is charged. i was thinking like $35 for 1-2 car driveways and $40 for anything bigger. and i heard you plow every 3-5 inches?? i was just wondering how these numbers match up, Thanks
  2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

You sound like you are in the ball park. I try to get 35 for my resi's but some smaller ones I do for 25. Plow at 2 inches or so. When there is more than 6 inches, I add ten bucks.
  3. Skid7c

Skid7c Junior Member

i thought so but i here people saying they are paying 20-25 bucks per storm....i was told going rate is 30-40 bucks and you plow by inch....so i figured i would see what others are getting and figure out then....i no this is a competitive job and bad economy...but i made the choice to buy the plow this year...lol...thanks