1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing contracts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dreisman, Aug 30, 2003.

1. dreisman

dreisman Junior Member

I am looking for written contracts to help me through the 2003-04 season. Last year during the Feb storm I took a beating with clients. Please e-mail blank contracts or send to Reisman Lawn Service Inc. 4705 Gettysburg Road Mechanicsburg, Pa. 17055. Thanks...:)

2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

hey what i normally do is charge by the storm most cases you make except for the big ugly ones some of my custamers i charge by the inch 1-4 4-8 8-12 then anything after that depending on the size of the lot roughly 100 every time i go

3. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 Senior Member

i charge by the amount like east said he does for some cust. 1-4 ,4-8, etc........

4. Tim Enix

Tim Enix Junior Member

Hello, I am new to this also and need some clairification when you say you charge by the storm 2-4 4-8 and so on Do you charge one price for the inches no matter how many times you have to go back during a storm?

Thank's
    Tim

5. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Gentlemen - You can do a little searching and find alot of information! When I first discovered plow site I looked through every thread that was pertaint to my operation. I was glad I went throught the exercise

Lots of info on Contract content!

Chuck B.

6. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

Some suggestions:

Every years I seem to find myself adding new stipulation's to my plowing contracts.one problem I experienced was the kind neighbor doing my work for me, so I added in my contract that I have to be notified if someone has done my contract if not i charge a $39.99 service charge.
    I also added in my contract that my company charges and $39.99 re-open driveway/parking lot entrance after the job is complete.Because it is bound to happen where a city plow will barracade the driveway in after you plowed that site.
    I never raise the amount of plowing service for repeat customer's year after year.You tend to keep customers longer this way.It is always good to have a new contract written up each year and mailed out around this time on so that you willl have it sent back to you by the snow season.One year a customer moved without notifying me and inturn i serviced his account and he owed me in access of $150.00, luckily the new home owner wanted to be serviced and payed me most of the bill which she had no obligation to pay whatso ever.
    Another good thing to add to contracts is that the homeowner/business owner is to notify you as to if there is any hidden objects such as toys ect on the driveway covered by snow, I state that my company is not responsible for any damages that may occur.I aslo tell customers/business owners that they have to place reflective markers up near curbs ect otherwise I aM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGING THEM.

7. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Not to be a wise guy but don't these two things go against each other?

You plowed a house where you had no signed contract returned and then you say that the person owes you money?

Why? Just because you used to plow it and you assumed that he wanted you to still do it.?

You lucked out that the new owner wanted it done or otherwise you'd be out all of the money.

Dan

8. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

Well what happen was I called all my contracts one year and left messages on their voicemail saying that i would be around again to service them for the upcoming year, and if they did not want to have my services then they should call me back and let me know about cancelling.Well that one customer did not call me back and let me know they were moving and inreturn we serviced their account and they werent around anymore.

Thats why I say it is best to write new contracts up every year and have them sign it and mail it back to you so you dont run into any problems.

9. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Thanks for the clarification.

If i have/ or had an automatic renewal or had spoke to the person directly about the up coming year i'd say they were at fault.

But just leaving a message can be kinda iffy. I have two boys 8 & 12 yrs old and they've been know to erase messages before we've heard them, I can only imagine that others run into the same thing at their houses too.:D

Dan