1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing Contracts And Prices

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Tom c., Dec 11, 2005.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

Hi guys!! I just started plowing on my own after plowing for my employer for a long time. I just got my first commercial job and they want a contract in five days. First where can I buy blank contracts? They also need a pricing structure, They said no plowing till 3in. of snow, and I also need to work in a price on having a guy who will take care of sidewalks with a snowblower; do I pay him his rate and add some on for myself? How do you guys work it out if you come in to clear a lot and then come back to finish when storm is over? how about salting Im looking to get a push rotary salter any recomendations?and pricing on salting? I know this is alot of questions but I gotta be ready quick Thanks for any info you can give me HAVE FUN PLOWING!!!Tom
  2. brickmason

brickmason Junior Member

One thing you will learn here is that no one will give up any prices.
  3. PAPlowCat

PAPlowCat Junior Member

If you have a Staples or Office Depot nearby, they have blank contracts that can be used for just about any kind of business.

As far as prices go, can't help ya out there. I'm currently plowing for a large contractor using his equipment (commercial only), and I have no idea what or how he charges.
  4. FianoLawn

FianoLawn Junior Member

Depending on your area it could be anywhere from $75-$125 per hour.
    It varies from place to place. You don't even need to go and buy contracts. Just sit down at your computer and make one thats what I do. Just make sure you cover everything. You will probably get a more impressing reaction from your customer if you do that as opposed to going and buying something anybody can.things to include(Heading at top, date, location, scope of work, terms, contract details, last but not least places for you and your customer to sign.)GOOD LUCK!!!!!