1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing condos

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Oct 21, 2005.

1. im doing sub contracting for a company and wonted to now what the best way to plow a condo is. i have a truck with front and back blade that im using. is it easier to plow the road first and then clear the drives.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

go back to your profile and turn on your private messages, trying to reach you.

3. gpin

gpin Senior Member

We used to do condos but found that the owners were too much torture to bear. Typically, condos have very little room to pile snow. The unit owners keep odd hours, park in stupid places and expect the snow removal company to shovel their cars out.

Condo Management Companies exist to dispute snow removal bills. Their secondary function is to pay as slowly as possible.

We have done commercial lots: offices, construction sites, manufacturing facilities, for over 20 years with minimal complaints and very good payment histories. I was approached by a huge condo management company 5 years ago. I was aware of the potential problems but greed won over and I tried servicing them for 2 years. I gave up because of the constant complaints. At the end of the second winter, I negotiated the balance owed and informed them that the needed to find a new snow removal company. The Management company manager was surprised. He told me that my company was the best company that he had ever dealt with. I fell off my chair.

IT GOT BETTER. He paid me the disputed part of my balance and asked me to return the following winter. I replied that if he was happy with my services, then why did he torture me? He informed me that he had a responsibility to negotiate every bill. He has called me every fall and I have been able to say Thank you but no.

So this long winded thread is here to warn you about condos.

Good luck and I wish you a profitable Winter Season.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Plow the streets first then go back and do the drives. Watch the back blades arc when you drop it so you don't get garage doors. Drive through before snow starts and note where all the drives are,lights, rail road ties and garden gnomes. Most condo owners don't have a clue they park in their drives when the garage is empty.

5. thanks for your help guys

6. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

I find it depends on the management company. I have a couple properties that have changed management in the past year and suddenly I'm getting stupid complaints...If the management co understands how snow removal really works they will filter complaints and not bother you with the small stuff.

To answer the question, I would plow the road first.

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

butler -

how'd that sprayer tank work for you??