1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing bids

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by truck1500, Mar 21, 2003.

1. truck1500

truck1500 Member

i am putting a bid in for mowing and they wont one for snowplowing i was wondering how you figure out how much to charge for plowing.
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

If you need to ask you might better sub it out or work for someone and learn the ropes of plowing first.1/2 the battle is having the right equipment,I know from your previous posts that you refuse to listen to us,and insist on running an inadequete truck(1500 2wd) to plow with,so you lost on that end.This is why i say sub it out,at least your customers have a better chance of getting serviced.
  3. truck1500

truck1500 Member

i accually do have a 4 wheel drive truck it is a 2003 2500hd with an 8'5 boss v-blade.
  4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Everyone of your post you say you have a different truck.
  5. truck1500

truck1500 Member

i have the 2wd and then i went out and bought 4 more trucks.
  6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

You have 4 more trucks,one of them being an 03 with an 8.5 V ?you have enough work and money for 4trucks,but no idea as to how to bid plow accounts?:rolleyes: . Im calling BS .
  7. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

I think truck1500 is jerking everybody around. He asks questions to start a thread and then never adds anything to the advice everyone gives him. I agree, he makes a big deal about buying a cheap plow for a 1500 forever, then all of a sudden he has a 1 ton and an '03 2500. He was advised forever about using a 1500 then, not willing to get the right truck for the job, now he has bought 4 more trucks? Something don't compute. He even asks where to buy salt. Get rid of this guy.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2003
  8. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Maybe he won the lottery:D :drinkup:
  9. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member