1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing around my neighborhood

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Zach, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Zach

Zach Senior Member

This winter I will be getting a snow plow for my ATV and want to plow driveways/sidewalks in my neighborhood for $$$

My neighborhood is an upscale developement (avg. lot size ~ 3/4 acre) with driveways Im guessing no more than 50ft long at most, some shorter and usually 2 cars wide...

SO the question is... WHAT IS A GOOD PRICE TO CHARGE??? $20, $30? need opinions

2. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Maybe I'm naive but how much snow can you plow with an ATV?? I can't see "upscale" customers paying someone to plow their driveway with one.

3. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

When I got mine for my quad I was surprised at how much it can handle. I have a 60" plow with a wing on my '00 Grizzly.

4. Zach

Zach Senior Member

Hell I live in ohio, 4-5 inches is a blizzard!

5. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Sorry, I didn't realize. Around here we call that flurries.

6. Zach

Zach Senior Member

LOL yeah... Im somewhat new to this Ohio B.S. ayway, what do you think a good price would be? (or at least in the ballpark)

7. grasskeepers

grasskeepers Member

i use a z turn mower with a 46 in blade. i charge 200 a month for upto 20 events. here the average is 10 events a month, this includes sidewalk drive and front and back door

8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

10 events a month holly crap!

9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Sorry i am from ohio even at 23 inchs in 3 days last winter things went on like buissness as usual. Though i see up wards of 100 inchs every year.

10. Zach

Zach Senior Member

sorry, Im comparing southern Ohio to New England (where I used to live) soooo Im a little disapointed

11. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

I Plow and shovel all sidewalks for :smallest drive way 25$ biggest with a turn around and back drive way 50$.

12. Zach

Zach Senior Member

Thats what Im thinking