1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing and sanding pics 24 km rd

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcress31, Dec 12, 2009.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Here are some pics of a 24 km road to a hydro plant that we had to sand and plow. We mainly just sanded the steep hills so they could get a chipper in. Last winter we had to go in with two loaders to open it up for them after a big storm. It took us 18 hrs with 2 loaders.

JCC PICS 001.jpg

JCC PICS 003.jpg

JCC PICS 004.jpg

JCC PICS 005.jpg

JCC PICS 022.jpg

2. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Here are a few more pics. I wish I had a chance to go right to the end of the road so I could get some pics of the plant. I did find one picture of the plant in the summer. About 5 years ago we actually built most of this 24 km road. Enjoy

JCC PICS 023.jpg

JCC PICS 024.jpg

JCC PICS 025.jpg

helacopter ride 099.jpg

3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck!!

4. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice pics. i'd love to have the truck to sand with......... among other things.

ont. hydro? should be pretty good to work for. we've done some contracting with NSPI over the last 10 years

5. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Nice looking sand rig. What do you plow the road with?

6. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

i think i have been there before... is that near wawa ?

7. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

This one is about 20 km east of Marathon or 160 km west of Wawa.

8. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We just use our 2500 GMC and when the snow gets heavy we use our grader to push the banks back. If a good storm comes along we have to use loaders.