1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing alleys?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by prestige10, Aug 28, 2010.

1. prestige10

prestige10 Junior Member

Hey guys.... so I have never done any contract work for the city... but my girlfriend had an idea the other day. She was telling me how the city doesn't plow her back alley and RARELY plows her street. She said that cars are always getting stuck there and that she thinks her neighbours would be willing to pay for our company to do this, so I'm thinking of visiting her neighbours to discuss this. Does anyone know if this is something I would need to have approved by the city? Like I said Ive never done that type of work before.

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

In most cities, if your blade touches the street they can fine the bejeezus out of you. Better check.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Find Paul or Neige on here they are the experts on plowing alleys.

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

She must not live on a primary street

5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

big fines, $1000+, i had a caldesac that all the people were going to pay me to do the public area, was told by a city official that if he caught me doing it again, he would throw the book at me

6. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I've done it to get to a lot or two. I've also had neighbors pitch in and pay to plow a street that never gets plowed..

7. ajslands

Were talking USD not the paso or w/e you guys have in canada! Is it pasos or pounds?

8. prestige10

prestige10 Junior Member

Hahahaha no we use monopoly money.

9. ajslands

:laughing:

10. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Ck w/city maint. department, we use to plow several alley's before the city moved trash collection to the street