1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing Across State Line

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MIAWPUKEK, Mar 9, 2005.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

DUMB QUESTION: Living on an island, I don't know much about directly crossing over into other provinces/states. Gotta take a ferry or plane to get to the next province from here. My question is......

Can you guys in the U.S. just "plow your way" across state line into another state if you ever had too? Or do you need permission from that state, insurance, law officials, etc.? Anybody have clients in other states?

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Do it every year. I contract and have my own.

One year I followed a storm from Ill. to Pa. plowing pulling and giving rides. Most states now forbid off road pulling unless lic. in that state. I now am satisfied with just driving the 200mi. to Kalamazoo and staying at friends or relatives houses. Or I get a room for the night at one of the Motels I do on my own. More snow and most times I have winters off and with working on-line and a laptop now isn't much diff than staying at home.

Except we have snow here in Michigan unlike Illinois.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  3. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

State lines

I live in Wisconsin, and plow in Illinois (when we get snow). I also work in Illinois in the summer months with the dump truck. No problems whatsoever.

Jeff

Bring some of that snow back with ya from michigan, Reaper. You can just bring the stuff that collects in the bed of your truck, I guess that would be fine.