1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing accessories / resources for new truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by solar, Sep 11, 2006.

1. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

I’ve got a truck on the way, coming in a few weeks – ’04 F-250 SD with ~40k miles. I’m looking for a couple accessories for it, but haven’t found many nice sites or resources for any of them so I’m looking for some suggestions for sites/catalogs, and/or modification ideas.

I’m thinking of getting…
    Backrack Headache (w/ toolbox arm ext. and center light-mount)
    Delta Pro Toolbox (black Al.)
    Reverse lights (2x mounted under rear bumper)
    Flashers in all corners
    Auxillary light switch (want something clean that looks OEM – no wires or cheap stuff)

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    m

2. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

...So I've been browsing the site all day (definatly missing plow season). I've found tons of links for Hide-a-way lights, but still haven't found any nice looking switches that look like they could pass for OEM.

Anyone have any nice installs for a 250, or any other Ford? I'd love to see some pics to get ideas.

Those with Backracks + tool boxes, do they block your visibility much?

thanks in advance for any help and advice!

3. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

For lights/strobes check out AWDirect.com, they have a lot of stuff. Not sure how their prices stack up to other places though.

For my reverse lights I just bought cheaps ones from a local auto parts store.

4. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

For the switches I would go with the upfitter switches found in the 05 and up trucks, I put them in my 03 it was plug and play...Here is a pic
    [​IMG]

The panel to the right is custom made not finished just for mock up...but you get the idea fits right in the cubby, just cut slots for the tabs and it locks in, then there was a plug in the fuse box which matched the plug for the upfitter switches with only 2 wires in it so i transferred the wires from that connector to the upfitter connector and plugged it in. Then the switches worked i just had to add a J fuse to the open spot in the fuse box and it was done!

5. M&M Services

from midwest

6. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

M&M -
    I don't "need" them, but I'd love to see them - that's the setup I was looking for.

Also, mind if I ask where you picked up the switches?

Great looking install!

7. M&M Services

from midwest

Thank you for the compliments I will get you some pics tonight, send me your e-mail. I got the switches and wiring from www.y2kford.com
    I believe it cost 80 for the switches and harness....I will shoot some pics of where I plugged it in, the J type fuses and some night time shots of the switches...
    Mike

8. M&M Services

from midwest

I almost forgot here are the part#'s for the switches and harness
    switches part# 5C3Z13D730AAA
    harness part# 5C3Z14A303AA

9. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

Wow. Awesome information.

I'm expecting your next post to be that you called, placed the order for me, and they'll be at my doorstep in 5-10 business days. :jester:

I'm trying to PM you my email, but as a newbie I think I'm restricted. Thanks again for the help, I'd love to get that setup on my 250. Clean & OEM = very nice.:drinkup:

thanks!
    Matt
    email is my name @communitymowing.com (trying to avoid more spam)

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

M&M: Nice looking switches. I haven't wanted to put any switches in my new truck because I like how the interior looks. Those switches may just change my mind!

11. M&M Services

from midwest

Thank you i will post some more pics tonight, of wiring/lit up and what not...Ill tell you what I didnt want to add anything either, but Looked at my dads 05 took some measurements and figured I would try it! they looked great in his truck... it is an awesome set up....Let me know if you need any help if you decide to get them! By the way first Time Out your truck is awesome looking, clean and well kept!
    Solar that last post was funny but it will only be 3-5 business days xysport LOL I believe thats how long it took to get mine.....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  12. DeereFarmer

Thanks! I still can't believe that it is mine. I just go for rides just to drive it. I think i have been to the grocery 5 times this week lol!

13. M&M Services

from midwest

LOL I know how you feel thats how I was when I picked up my 03...and I am still doing that 5 months later LOL here are some upfitter pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    let me know if you need anything else, i didnt have the time to pull the fuse block down tonight,,

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  14. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

15. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

16. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

Buy that switch and harness and follow the instructions that I posted last.

17. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

Yeah, that's the plan as of now. That site gives me hope there may be a pre-fab version for an '04, though. I'm pretty sure mine wouldn't look as nice as yours, MM. Heavy sarcasm on 'pretty sure'.

18. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

I don't think that there are any prefab versions out there. The only thing that needs to fabricated is the filler panel on the right side. You could always make a cardboard template and have a local plastic supply machine it for you.

19. M&M Services

from midwest

rwilimo did a nice job on his switches they look great! . any ways those pics I posted turned out like garbage...stupid camera....I'm happy with the way mine turned out...better than any aftermarket switches./..

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  20. DeereFarmer

They look twice as good in the dark. I am in love lol!:drinkup: