1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing a little snow on a small lot, 2003 Ford F250 diesel, 9' BOSS plow , LI NY No

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by alldayrj, Dec 11, 2012.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

It won't snow and my boredom led me to edit this 19 minute video down to 11. I feel like Allen in "The Other Guys". Enjoy it or don't son

clearing a small church lot where I park my dump truck. 3" of wet concrete snow. Filmed with my gopro on suction cup mount on the window.

2003 Ford F250 diesel, 9' BOSS plow , LI NY Nov. 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt7wGNSdDtI&feature=youtu.be

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Good video. I like that view point a lot. That lot is sweet, too.

3. alldayrj

Thanks man. The go pro with suction cup is a lot o fun. I recenty ran a tough mudder race and filmed the whole thing with a chest mount. Working on editing that.

The lot is good. I plow free and park the dump and trailer free. Can't beat it. 45 mins to get the plow on, half hour drive over, and 15 mins to plow!

4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

nice video, I like the water wave at the end that takes out the garbage canThumbs Up

5. alldayrj

Haha i was waiting for someone to rant on that. Neighbors beware!

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Can't watch it on a iPad

image.jpg

7. alldayrj

try it now. took me a half hour but I did it for that sweet plow of yours

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  8. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

x2 that is a really good view point! I would love one of these cameras. How far does the mount stick out? I have vent visors, wonder if it would block the view?

9. alldayrj

nah, the thing is a beast, you can make it come out about 8". I was going to put it on the mirror or windshield but the stupid cameras dont have a screen on them (so you can see what they are seeing) so in this view it was easiest to take the perspective of the camera. you kind of have to wing filming it, pop it in the computer and hope you caught what you wanted to. I think I'm going to buy the upgraded screen soon.

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Looking good, I been thinking about a camera like that. Been looking at the contour too, just afraid of losing it

11. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Great video thanks for sharingThumbs Up

12. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Go Pro's are amazing, just a note, you can buy a LCD "Backpack" that goes on the back so you can see what you filmed, or a wifi one that I believe lets you see what your filming on your smartphone in real time? Not sure on the wifi one.

I love the view, and some good music!

13. alldayrj

Thanks ken! yours are cool too.

Yea JHALL, appreciate it and I'm trying to weigh the options. dont always have wifi but the resolution is better on my phone etc...

I dont think this view would work well during a storm since the lense doesnt have a defrost or wiper, I will probably have to move it inside to the windshield.

old dog, the suction cup is rated to 200 MPH, not sure about 30 to 0,(curb hit) as this lot was really smooth but after a minute of plowing with one eye on it waiting to fall off, I forgot about it and went on my way.

14. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I have a mount for mine I put on the dashboard, one of the sticky mounts that came with it. Its secure, the only way to get it off is to aim a hairdryer at it.

15. MDLawn

MDLawn Junior Member

GoPro has an app that allows you to see a live shot, although delayed a little, on a smart phone. Get the app if you can, makes it easier. Can't review the movie on the phone but at least you can see what you are shooting.

16. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I believe that app is only for the latest go pro, not the older models?

17. MDLawn

MDLawn Junior Member

HERO2 and up yes.

18. alldayrj

I believe mine is the hero 2. I'll have to check

19. MDLawn

MDLawn Junior Member

Yea well worth it. It's kind of a pain to set up but I'm sure you'll figure it out. It's nice though. You'll need the wifi bac pac too!!

20. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I use the Oregon Scientific ATC9 Waterproof to 60 feet, 1080p 32 gig card. stills and video