1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing 101

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MATTHEW, Nov 20, 2001.

1. MATTHEW

MATTHEW Member
    from NE OHIO

Did a search. There has to be a ton of posts on this, but nothing would come up. Here's the question. For res. drives; What is the best way to clear them? Note: I cannot push the snow across the street where I live. The Meyer manual is a little vague. Do you start heading in angled to the right pushing the snow into the lawn, then backdrag the rest piled up at the door and do the same on the way out,OR do you backdrag both 1/2's part way down, turn around and push it down? And after that where do you put the big piles? Do you back up and angle right to push it into the front lawn?

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

go to www.sima.org and order the plowing basics video. That will answer all your ? and then some. It will be the best 100.00 or there abouts that you spend.
    Dino

3. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Dino's right!

I bought the video's to train my guys this year and they worked out great. We get a lot of guys that I am expected to train that have never even seen snow before! No matter how many times I repeated simple basics, or drew pics on the white board, they wouldn't get a clue until they actually did it. Well this year with the video's it was a lot easier to get through to them.

I reccomend them for anyone new to plowing or for employee training purposes.

4. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

I agree wholeheartedly. Very good video.

Bruce

5. MATTHEW

MATTHEW Member
    from NE OHIO

OK OK !!! I'll order the video as soon as I can. (How much did Chuck pay you NOT to answer my question?):eek:

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

To acurately answer your query would fill pages of dialouge, and frankly the video expains, and shows you better than I could ever explain it. Not only that but I really dont feel like typing all of it, just to look like a fool when I am done. I do a good enough job a making a fool of myself all by myself.
    The video is first class, its not cheesy at all. And Chuck has a good book for first time plowers.
    Dino