1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowin' snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ttyR2, Jan 1, 2004.

1. ttyR2

ttyR2 Junior Member

This year is the first time I've plowed snow, runs nicely in 4th gear with the blade angled (about 5mph, lol):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

How does the heater work?:blush2:

3. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Well it's not the quickest but I'm sure it's unstoppable.:nod:

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree, it's gotta be mighty cold driving that baby. Probably don't need plow shoes either !!!!:dizzy:

5. ttyR2

ttyR2 Junior Member

Why just last night I was formulating a way to build a metal and glass cab for it that might even look factory :)

Amazingly, it fired right up at 15degF, even with a 6V electrical system.

6. badranman

badranman Senior Member

What year is that? Actually, WHAT is that?:dizzy:

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It's probably safe to say that you don't need a snow deflector on that!:D :waving:

8. ttyR2

ttyR2 Junior Member

It's a 1956 John Deere 40C crawler. Has a twin cylinder engine that sounds just like a Harley when it's idling. More info at http://www.jd40c.com.

9. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Not to be anal but the site says it's a '55. How much does it weigh? What a beast!:nod:

10. ttyR2

ttyR2 Junior Member

S'pose I should check my own site occasionally, hehe. It weighs right at 6k lbs with the blade on, which is actually designed for a JD 1010 crawler and weighs a lot more than the correct blade for the 40C.

11. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

I'd love to use that on my new pavers driveway.:D

I dont see a strobe or beacon!:nono: :D

12. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

looks good!

13. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

Those old things will run forever as long as you can keep the battery charged and the fuel line from freezing, and the tracks clean.

Looks like you need to pump the tracks up.

Better not get on any hills with the ground frozen, those things will take you for a ride.