1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowin Music...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snowpower, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Whats your fave plowin tunes? Good plowin tunes with the lights flashin at 4 am on some commercial account or drivin to the next resi.

I'll start off with some Molly Hatchet - Bounty Hunter.

Seems to me this one hell of a way for a man like me to earn my pay...
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

I think everythings been said at least once now on the intrawebs.
  4. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Well I listen to some country, but it is mostly alternative, angry rock, dance music, hip hop. Oh yea you can''t forget the angry german music as well. The more tired I get the faster paced and more energic my misic gets. It's nice to be plowing a commercial lot at 4am and have the ghetto bass thumping!
  5. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Lots of rock!!! Needless to say I need motivating music in the middle of the night. I like almost all music, but when I'm plowing I'll pull out the old tunes and fill the CD changer with old Metallica, Tool, Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins and some Jane's Addiction.

I know this music probably isn't near the top of any of your lists but it keeps me going:redbounce
  6. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

naw christmas time in chicago an dim plowing 93.9 let it snow let it snow let it snow,the rest of the time some Punk rock,ranicd,old old green day MxPx,the germs black flag that makes you want to ram some stuff
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2007
  7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I turn My tunes OFF!!!!! I need to focus on the task at hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naw just kidding. What ever channel isn't playing a commercial!!!!!!!!!

But I am usually on the phone telling the guys where to go next or when we are stopping for breakfast

But one of my loader operators listen to his IPOD.
  8. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Yea I don't know how I ever got along witout my Ipod!! That is about all I listen to most of the time. I have over 3000 songs on mine plus most of my pics, and some movies.
  9. gqnine44

gqnine44 Junior Member

i think classic country/trucker music is best in the middle of the night.
  10. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Heck yeah 93.9 holiday lite till the day after the x-mas than it's back to country..
    Brian Porter
    Reliable Snow Removal
  11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

satellite radio has no commercials and you never have to change the channel. couldnt drive without it.

i like hearing green day..... american idiot
    because at 130 am the only people that should be out in 6" of snow is plowers and you get these toools in there awd pos' then expect me to pull them out of a snow bank
  12. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

mostly rock and country whatever it is it needs be loud so i dont get tired.
  13. elshauno

elshauno Member

I am just getting started but I could see techno going pretty good with the strobe flash lol Mostly rock and blues is my main choice for mowing I'm sure it will carry over to plowing
  14. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Talk radio, all the time.

I get so tired of hearing the same music over and over and over....
  15. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Lets see, metal and rock when I am getting a little tired. Usually start out the night with some good country. In the morning during the week, Rover's Morning Glory. Funny a$$ talk show
  16. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

I like Midnite Trucker Radio in the middle of the night.
  17. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

those idiots at 3am that are stuck in their suv's with 4x4 just spinning are a great way to make some extra green backs. depending on how bad they are stuck, how cute she might be, and what they did to get stuck will determine the price anywhere between free to 75.00

Sirius for stern in the morning, and the 60gb ipod with old school and club music to make the hours go by....if im waiting for a "cycle" its led zep or the doors. first day of snow we crank Flight of the Valkries...I love the smell of Diesel and magic "blend" in the morning.....
  19. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

sirius new country channel 60....all the time....mabey go over to big hair bands and twc channel!
  20. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

i love to listen to audiobooks that i download to my ipod, and then transmit to my FM player...

classic music is also great to listen to...

i can't listen to anything nervewrecking...