1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowin a 2wd

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplowjay, Aug 27, 2002.

1. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Do alot of you guys plow with 2wd trucks???

At the municipal golf course that i work on the maintenance crew at we plow three trucks.

a 89 Dodge ram 250 sno commander 4x4 with a 8' meyer
    a 89 Dodge ram 350 dump 2wd with a 8' meyer
    and a 2002 Dodge ram 3500 cummins 4x4 with a 8' fisher plow

the 2wd dump has like 20000 original miles since new and is used minimally since its frame is bent (anyone wanna guess why)

another thing Meyer plows seem to suck when it comes to the larger applications. They are the most sloppy plows throwing the load all over the place on the winding roads at the course. GOD BLESS FISHER PLOWS
  2. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Plowing in 2wd

I shift in to 2wd & plow on light 2" to 3" snows all the time on my large lots with no cars or traffic just to save wear & tear on the 4x4 system. But you have to be very carefull as everything is different in starting & stopping, slidding, ect when in 2wd. ;) I don't do it on driveways or roads as there are to many ways to slid into something & then :eek: it's too late.
  3. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

Why is the frame bent?
  4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

im not exactly sure how they bent it

I know it was bent one winter a few years back im not sure exactly how but its pretty bad and like i said the truck only has like 20000 miles on it and it is now beat to hell its just a shame thats all
  5. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Hey, you didn't give me a chance to guess!!

(I was gonna guess that someone missed an important putt with it...) :D

(Ask your boss, I bet I'm right.)
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2002
  6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

your probably right

i bet your right and i wouldnt be one bit surprised. Ive learned over the years not to let anything that happens at that place surprise me. We've had guys doin three sixties on greens, light them on fire and break into our barn and do a whole messa damage to the course wit our carts