1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowable events/year

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Frostysnow, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

Hey guys, hope all the preseaon stuff is goin good for you guys. I was wondering if anyone knew of a website where i could find the number of snow falls and their amounts. Also, if anyone in central ohio cares to weigh in, what have you been averageing for plowable events in the past 5-10 years?

2. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

anyone? could anyone point me in the right directon.. I have tried the search button put nothing good comes up.

3. defran

defran Junior Member
    from ohio

You can find out snowfall amounts from previous years at Accuweather.com. I'm not sure, but you may have to sign up for the "Premium" service to get this feature.

Most of our plow contracts begin at 2" depth and we average approximately 7 plow events per season. Salting events are usually over 35 (except for last year).

4. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

thankyou for the reply. where are you at in ohio?

5. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

The National Weather Service has some information in their website. Climate, 15 days, 30, 90 day and 6 month forecast. Not an exact science but could be helpful.

The price is right. Or you get what you pay for.:D

6. defran

defran Junior Member
    from ohio

We are located in Columbus. Our service area is mainly Franklin and Delaware counties.

7. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

N. Indiana here we avg about 13-17 per year w/ 2" trigger. don't count last year

8. HouseHitter

HouseHitter Junior Member
    from zone 4

I actually googled "snowfall totals Albany NY" and found some amazingly descriptive numbers for areas all around Albany.

9. Rodeo Rider

Rodeo Rider Junior Member

NOAA website. Follow the prompts. Also, your state may have a page on their website. Ours in CT does.It's call the DOT round-up.

Flurries outside right now!
    Think Snow!

10. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

thanks rodeo that was exactly what i was looking for