1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Feb 7, 2010.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

I have a 2002 ultra mount on a 2001 chevy silverado. I am thinking of buying a 2008 chevy midweight plow. I know the mounts will not be the same, but my question is will any ultra mount plow sides fit any plow mount sides? Is there a adapter kit for the wiring since the wiring i have is 2002 and the one i will buy is a 2008? Also does anybody know who fabricates wings for a midweight? Like the ones for the pro on Westerns website? Any help will be appreciated?
    Thanks, Ron
  2. T Deneen

T Deneen Junior Member

Ron: The plow system that works on the 2008 will have ISO electrical system, you'll need a different light harness for the older truck. As long as the truck is designed to support the weight of a given Ultra Mount plow system the front ends are interchangable provided the ISO system is in use on the example vehicle. Plow wings on a Midweight can be had but are not recommended, the A frame of the Midweight is not designed for the added snow load the wings will push. Buyers Products has the add on wings and some cutting of the blade is involved. The wings made by Western are made for the Pro Plus series only.

Good luck,

Tim Deneen
  3. T Deneen

T Deneen Junior Member

Ah, double posted. Excuse me please.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010