1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by qualitycut, Nov 20, 2008.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

Ok my buddy washed his plow and it had a thin coat of ice onit. He then sprayed ff and rubbed it in will it still work?

By the way Dano is sending me my first sample can I cant wait to try it out.

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

probably not.

ff didnt seem to stay on my plow when i applied it without ice on it. Made it kind of oily looking and a couple storms later i think it was gone.
    I put some on again this year without thinking about it. OOPS.
    Then went over it again with amsoil metal protector. Now Im afraid the fluid film coat made it so the amosil metal protector didnt stick.

3. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

Damn...I just picked up my new Western W/O today and was going to spray it with FF. Bri, did you say that it had to have ice on it first???? I musta missed that on these posts. Does it really make that much diff?

4. bribrius

Yep .you have to have ice on it first. I think the ice helps the ff bond better.

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

what im lost???

what do you mean you have to have a thin coat of ice on your plow for it to work :confused:

6. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

yea, you know, spray on a 12oz can of ice, then its time to FF. WTF, I think their dissn FF.:angry:

7. Grampa Plow

from Midwest

and three french hens and 2 turtle doves?

8. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

and some parts to a mustang GT.:drinkup:

9. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

hahah funny I said there was a thin layer of ice on the plow and he sprayed ff on it and rubbed it in will it still work no need for smart a$$ comments

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

11. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

yes we are all here to "diss" fluid film :rolleyes:

12. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I do that with my pot stickers a little ice first.. they stick better...

13. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

This is the most confusing post yet. :dizzy:

Fluid Film does not come off easily. Fluid Film will stop ice and snow from building up. Fluid Film can be applied over a damp surface. Fluid Film embeds into the pores of the metal. Fluid Film does not come off easily. Fluid Film does not freeze. Fluid Film does not harm paint, plastic or rubber. Fluid Film will protect electrical connections. Fluid Film does not come off easily. Fluid Film protects and waterproofs work boots. Fluid Film does not come off easily.

Get my drift. wesport

14. bribrius

but you never answered if you can put it on over ice. :jester:

15. Dano50

from CA

Preferably not. He said there was a thin coat of ice, but that Fluid Film was rubbed in. That should have been enough to work fine.

16. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

yes very confusing thread!

17. bribrius

You dont understand?
    It's about fluid film protecting ice.
    If you protect the ice then you can charge the customer to apply salt over and over..
    something about a plow too, but i dont understand that part yet.

18. Grampa Plow

from Midwest

It just keeps getting better and better! I'm not sure but I think Dano wants to make sure we know that FF doesn't come off easily!! My old girlfriend heard about it and sprayed FF on her clothes!!! It cost me flowers almost every time!! Dano, if I get a pic of that do I get a free can?

19. Dano50

from CA

Um, no. But my condolences. :p

20. Grampa Plow

from Midwest

Condolences is fine...I got rid of her anyway!! I think she bought her FF by the drum!