1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wount lower

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jersey250, Feb 16, 2007.

1. jersey250

jersey250 Member

I replace the a valve and solenoid. But it still wount lower. IWhen I press the D on my touch pad twice the float light comes on. Any Ideas

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you check the A coil for magnetism after you replaced it?

3. jersey250

jersey250 Member

how do you check the coil

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First, place the plow in "float" and then take something metal like a wrench and touch it to the top of the A coil. Can you feel magnetism pulling on the wrench?

5. jersey250

jersey250 Member

And if it does not have magnatism.

6. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

:eek: It's bad

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it doesn't have magnetism, then either the coil is bad or it isn't getting power through the black wire connected to it.

8. Whip

Whip Member

Does the lightning bolt "overload" light also come on when you hit the down? If so, there is no power to the coil. Possibly the connection for the coil itself is insufficient. Also, is this the MDII set up with the one piece plug? If so, make sure it is clean. I have seen them corroded and not make good connections.

9. jersey250

jersey250 Member

I replaced the valve and coil but when I push down on the touch pad I dont here the solonoid click but the float light turns on
    I have the old style with the push connectors

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you check it for magnetism after you replaced the coil? How about power in the black wire while it's in the float position?

11. jersey250

jersey250 Member

I put straight 12 volts to the black wire but I forgot to power the solenoid.
    do you have to power the orange wire on the solenoid and put power on the black in order to bypass the touch pad

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The solenoid is only to operate the motor on the pump.The motor doesn't run while lowering the plow.All you need is a jumper wire from the battery to the black wire on the A coil and the plow should lower. By the way,did you just install this plow? You should'nt have an orange wire on the motor solenoid, it should be a white wire. The orange is the GROUND wire for the touch pad controller that goes to the battery.

13. jersey250

jersey250 Member

OK so I can be confused as far as wire color but from what your telling the solenoid does not click when the plow is lowered, Can it be that the fluid is frozen, But why would it go up and not down

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The solenoid I was referring to is the under hood solenoid.Not the coil on the pump. When you said you had an orange wire a lot of guys think it is a power wire and they inadvertently connect it to the post on the under hood solenoid.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  15. jersey250

jersey250 Member

I got confused on wire color but It worked before about 4 months ago but then I let it sit outside and in my garage in the freezing cold. I have the plow raised what can I do to lower it so I can get the plow off the truck. Is their a bolt or something I can remove

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Try the jumper wire trick from the battery to the wire on the A coil first.If it still won't lower then you can SLOWLY unscrew the A valve a few turns and it should come down.It will push fluid out around the valve so be ready for a bit of a mess. Don't remove it completely as the weight of the blade will blow the valve out as there will be considerable fluid pressure behind it.

17. jersey250

jersey250 Member

I swapped A valves with the plow raised. I lost a little fluid but not much no pressure behind it

18. jersey250

jersey250 Member

this means that its clogged or something

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it could be clogged with ice or debis. Are you sure you changed the correct valve? Just double checking.

20. jersey250

jersey250 Member

yes its the one with the black wire the smallest out of the 3