1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wont work... PLEASE HELP 8611LP

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JSC Inc, Dec 10, 2010.

1. JSC Inc

JSC Inc Junior Member

My 2006 Blizzard 8611LP won't work. The plow has very little use and when I try to move any function (up, left, right, or wings) I get a squealing noise from the pump/motor area. I can hear the motor running when I hold the joystick, and as I let off the joystick the sock starts to squeal. My Plugs are all hooked up tight, the hydraulic fluid seems to be fine (not frozen and at the proper level). I also took the set-screw/bolt on the top of the pump off and tried to move the plow and fluid did come out. I am lost and could use help. Thanks

2. RamirezOrchards

RamirezOrchards Member
    from CT

I just went through the same problem. First thing to do is replace the fluid and check the fluid pick up tube for the motor. My fluid looked fine but after removing the reservoir I saw that the filter was completely clogged. Clean the filter, put new low temp hydraulic fluid in and flush the system. I posted some very informative threads a few days ago in my thread "am i stuck in the water". Change your fluid every season! Hope that's your problem and good luck!

3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Give Eric with Rushing Snow & Ice out of South Elgin, IL a call. Full line blizzard dealer. He will get you all fixed up. If your interested in selling you lp let me know. Ken

4. JSC Inc

JSC Inc Junior Member

I pulled the fluid tank off the plow and saw that the filter/screen was clogged as the temps here have really dropped and I must have had H20 moisture in the tank and it began to freeze up. Quick easy fix. Thanks for the replies.

5. RamirezOrchards

RamirezOrchards Member
    from CT

Glad to hear your up and running again!