1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow won't turn toward the passenger side

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Arloslawn, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I just recently purchased my first plow and it looks like the motor is new. The plow goes up and down without a problem and turns toward the driver side without a problem. However when I try to turn it toward the passenger side the motor sounds like it is working however it wont budge. Does anyone know what the problen could be? I was thinking it was one of the pistons.

Thanks

2. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

do you know what model plow you have? unimount or ultramount?

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Sounds like there is something stuck in one of the cartridges or a bad coil. If you go to the Western website you can download a mechanics guide to troubleshoot the problem.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Take the cover off the valves/coils on the pump, check for power at the light green wire (this is the S2 valve) when angling right. If power check the valve and coil, if no power start checking for power at the grill connector.

All the test procedures can be found in the mechanics guide on westerns site like Western1 said.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It gonna be tough for him to find the S2 if it turns out it's a cable pump. :D

Need more info...

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Funny how we just assume! I miss the days of the cable pump. Things were so simple. Just like everything else!

7. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I believe it is a unimount snowplow... I will try to get the model and more information tonight.

Thank you guys... I wouldn't be surprised if it is the old pump style like western said.