1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow won't turn left

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by beron02, Jan 22, 2012.

1. beron02

beron02 Junior Member

i've got 22 series Snow-way plow, 3 years old. I was out plowing and clipped the edge of a driveway causing my plow to jack to the left. Now the plow won't turn left anymore, unless i get out and push it. which is also strange because it shouldn't move freely by me pushing against it. what happened ? Solenoids? or seal issue? There aren't any leaks. And the impact was very little 2mph. any sudgestions

2. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Broken valve in the valve body or loose wire on valve body

3. beron02

beron02 Junior Member

so basically because i can freely push the plow left and right by leaning into it you think that theres a busted valve? i inspected all the wires, fuses, and conections, everything looked good so i assume theres no problem there. when i try to angle the plow the pump runs but nothing happens. at first it would still turn to the right but that faded shortly and now it won't turn left or right.

4. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Take the motor off and open up the valve body. Ck. Happened to me once from a hard hit!

5. beron02

beron02 Junior Member

i brought my plow to a shop and he removed the check release valve and cleaned it out, found some debris. put it all back together and it worked. the valve got stuck in the open position so there wasn't any pressure building up.

6. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Cool. Glad to hear it.