1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow won't turn, and lowering solonoid is hot

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by dmueller71, Dec 19, 2010.

1. dmueller71

dmueller71 Junior Member

I have a 2802 straight plow and am just finally able to get it on my truck for the year. It goes up and down fine, but wont turn either direction. If it's sitting on the ground the motor will run, but it won't move. I cleaned the 3 solonoids and that did nothing. If I leave the key on and the plow down (yellow light on the remote) the solonoid in the front gets hot and put a fast drain on the batteries. Also, if I lift the plow even slightly and try to turn it, it will raise. I try to turn it left, it goes up. Same thing right. Any ideas??

2. doyles

doyles Member

the top two solonoids are your left and right turn the vavle inside is probale sticking so take both coils off and take both steel rods off (the part the solonoid go around) and inside that you can push out the valve make shure it slides from side to side easy if it sticks a little just work it back and forth with you hand then put it back to gether and it should angle fine BE CAREFULL THERE ARE 2 SMALL SPRINGS AND 2 OTHE SMALL PARTS DONT LOSE THEM as far as the down solonoid it is energize when the plow is down in the float positon it will get warm

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Check the plug in

4. noclueracer

noclueracer Junior Member

I had the exact same problem with mine. The cam on the inside between the directional coils was frozen stiff. I had to take it right out.. The ends of the cam were mushroomed a little bit so i took some 320 grit and made them round again. Plus the 4 point stars were bent up to so i straightened them in a vise. Put it back together and the plow turned back and forth just fine.. im still currently trying to figure out why my battery keeps draining.. But that solved the only going up problem. If it helps at all you can check out my thread for more detail on it... http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=115351