1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow won't sit flat on angle!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tsmith, Dec 31, 2007.

1. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I have a Meyer C-8 classic mount plow. The blade will not sit flat on the ground when angled. It will always ride up an inch or two on one side. I do have it custom mounted to a Western unimount truck side mount, I know that might be the problem. Does anybody know what the height of the normal truck side mount is supposed to be, or at the back of the A-frame? I don't know of anybody around here that has one for me to measure. Any ideas would be helpful cause I'm out at this point.

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

pin height varies from plow mfg, to plow mfg. but the a-frame has to set level and most of the time on a meyer that is a pin height of 12"

3. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Well, I went and checked and measured. My a frame is sitting flat, but where the pin would normally be is 9-10" high. Still scratin' my head.

4. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

Is your chain long enough to still be slacked on both sides when it's angled?

5. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

The chain is plenty long enough, I leave enough for 3-4 inches drop of the blade from level.

6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

Can You Post Some Pictures Of The Problem ??????? Would Be A Big Help If We Could See It

7. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

It is possible that your push beam is bent. Look at it and make sure that the ears where the a frame attach are both even. If it is twisted the it won't sit flat.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

also...look down the cutting edge is it straight or bent at the ends forming a small arc in the blade, as the plow is angled the arc'd part can allow the blade to ride up on one side because it hits the ground earlier than the rest of the blade..

9. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Well, more looking and some pics. The cutting edge is new, so no worn edges. In one of the following pics. you can see the a frame and mounts. The ears on the a-frame are a little tweaked, but I had the problem before they were bent.

DSCF4341.jpg

10. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

another picture

DSCF4344.jpg

11. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

one last picture

DSCF4343.jpg

12. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Might be bent a-fram or blade.

Myers A-fram should be 11" to center of pin hole

13. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Do you know what the distance normally is from top of a-frame angle iron to the pin hole? I think it was about 1 inch maybe 2, if so mine is a couple inches low.

14. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I'm not sure what that should be..

When did this start sitting like this?

15. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

It has ever since I put it all together a couple years ago, but it had a worn cutting edge and some flat stock welded onto the cutting edge, I thought that might have been the problem. Now I have put a new cutting edge on and no change. It's bothering me now because I don't want to mess up the new edge. I am guessing when I made the different pin mounts I didn't get the spacing/height right. Just trying to figure out what I can do to fix it.

16. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Yea i'm not sure on the pin mount thing.

I know from the Ground to the Center of the Pin hole shoule only be 11"

Dose it sit that way when its stright?

17. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

No it sits nice and flat when it's straight. The more it's turned the more it rides up.

18. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I got that problem with our one blade, it has a bent blade

19. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

That stinks, I don't think mine is bent, possible though.

20. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

It happen last year, we bent the a-fram big time / fixed it but it still kinda is screwed up